Rules for the Parents:
2.Have realistic expectations for your child. Not all Players are guaranteed playing time. You might disagree with where your child is playing. Our job is to place a child where the coaching staff feels he can best succeed and help the team as well as learn, have fun and develop.
3.SUPPORT YOUR KIDS. BE AT THE GAMES FOR THEM. CHEER THEM ON, AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.
4.DON’T BE LATE. Make sure your player arrives to practices and games on time. Make sure you have your equipment and your child before you leave the house.
5.LET THE COACHES COACH. There is nothing more confusing to a child than to have his coach tell him one thing and his parent tell him another. This is your time to sit back and be a cheerleader for the team and your child. If you want to coach let me know. Playing time is not guaranteed. Position assignment is up to the coach
6.Support the staff. We are going to be together for the entire season and quite possibly a number of years. We are all working toward the same goal
7.ACT LIKE AN ADULT! Remember, this is only a game. Don’t take it too serious. No 7-year-old player has ever signed a pro contract. Do not argue or make negative comments to other parents, coaches, or officials. Especially in front of the players. It is embarrassing to the players and only makes them dislike the game. The game is for the kids, not us.
8.If you have an issue that you would like to discuss with me, please do it before or after practice in a private setting. There is a 24-hour rule to discuss something before or after the game. Taking up an issue with the coaches before or after a game is never appropriate. I will be very busy and emotions often run high during this time.
9.The team’s success is determined by the involvement of everyone to make our kid’s experience a positive one. Be a good role model & a good sport.
10.Attendance will affect playing time and unexcused absences could lead to game suspension
11.We need a 30 day notification and payment for all major tournaments
12. Travel team is a 1 year commitment
TRAVEL PROGRAM RULES
Travel Program Description: The Travel Program is the competitive side of FBS-FC. This means that the level of play and the development of the player (technical, tactical, mental toughness) exceeded the average athlete’s ability, teamwork, responsibility and many other traits in which they excel at.
Both athletes and parents understand the commitment to dedicate themselves to improve every day to guarantee their spot on the team and also their playing time as these are not guaranteed but earned.
Parents and athletes understand team participation in travel soccer means a more intense experience than the pre travel or development programs. Travel soccer training is held 3 times a week. Random practice days may be added. League mandatory tournaments and invitational tournaments for selected players may be offered based on performance and commitment. Some dates may be during holidays and weekends.
FBS-FC expects of you to commit to your team and coaches. This means attending all practices and games. If you do not show commitment it could affect your playing time and even the level at which you are placed within the program (see playing time below). FBS reserves the right to move any child from one team to another at any point due to performance, discipline and/or need of the team.
When selected to the travel team, it is of utmost importance that you are solely committed to the team and any other extra curricular activities or other conflicts needs to be approved by the Director of Soccer. This includes playing for school teams and/or activities. Failure to adhere to this policy could lead to suspension and subsequently dismissal.
Line of Action:
1. Have the player first discuss their concern with his or her coach
2.If the problem is not resolved contact the team manager to set up a meeting with the coach and the program director to resolve the Issue.
1.Practices are generally 3 times per week. 2 practices are 1 1/2 hours and 1 practice is 1 1/4 hours.
2. We will let you know when practice times have changed. Please realize that at times, practice may change due to unforeseen events.
3. Please pick up your son or daughter on time after practice.
4. Athletes are not allowed to be late to practice or miss practice without a valid excuse approved by the coach.
5. On occasion there may be extra practice schedule. These practice are mandatory unless excused by coaches.
6. It is mandatory for players to wear practice jersey, practice shirts, practice socks, shin guards, soccer cleats or turf cleats.
7. The travel team will train “Rain or Shine”. We will not cancel a practice due to rain. Practice will be canceled during lighting only. When in doubt, please call the JCC front desk at 305-932-4200 and inquire about the status of the outdoor activity. In case of a hurricane, we will go by Dade County warning. Also, you can log on to our website for practice updates.
Players that do not adhere to the following rules could be removed from the Travel Team
1. Failure to attend practices or games
2. Detrimental behavior to the team
3. Any act of hazing
4. Verbal or physical attacks involving opponents, official, coach, JCC/FBS FC staff, spectator or teammate
5. Continued acts of unsportsmanlike behavior
6. Continued violation of the player rules
7. Violation of the players code of conduct
Player's Code of Conduct:
I will demonstrate fair play and good sportsmanship at every practice, game and tournament.
I will also encourage fair play and good sportsmanship from other players, coaches, officials, and parents.
I will attend every practice and game that I can, and I will notify my coach if I cannot make a practice or game.
I will come to practices and games on time and ready to learn. I accept responsibility for bringing any equipment necessary for practice (ball, cleats, shin guards, water,) and games (cleats, shin guards, water and team uniform).
I will follow coaching direction and will not be disruptive during practice or games, nor will I “mouth off” or use bad language.
For inclement weather conditions please do not call your coach, please look for last minute updates in our “update link”.